Susannah’s Short Ribs
4 pounds beef short ribs
1 t salt
1 t pepper
2 T all-purpose flour
1T vegetable oil
1 C beef stock
1 T all-purpose flour (additional)
- Season the ribs with the salt, pepper and sprinkle them with the flour to coat them evenly.
- Add the oil to a pan over high heat. Quickly sear the meat – just to get a brown coating on the meat before adding it to the crockpot. Approx. 1-2 mins per side.
- Place the ribs in the crockpot adding any juices from the pan to the pot.
- Add the beer and put on low heat for approx. 7 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the crackpot and pour the remaining sauce into a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the 1 T flour and the beef stock and make a slurry….pour back over the ribs and enjoy!