John’s Seared Filt Mignon
4 Filet Mignon Steaks – approx. 2 inches thick
Kosher salt and black pepper
3 T unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over med heat.
- Season steaks liberally with salt and pepper
- Add 2 T of butter to skillet- let it melt and begin to brown.
- Add steaks to the skillet- sear all sides…approx. 2 min per side- get a good dark coating. Add remaining butter if needed.
- Place skillet into the oven and cook for approx. 3-5 minutes for medium doneness. (less for rare and more for well done)
- Remove steaks and let rest for approx. 7 minutes.
- I enjoy mine with Peter Lugers steak sauce.